Friday, July 17, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: a new Sad Thursday

Aw, ominous Thursdays are being paid worse every week. Luckily, the sad So You Think You Can Dance removal always comes with a heaping helping of entertainment, as proofed by tonight's wonderful top 10 group number, and the live Black Eyed Peas performance. Let's talk about what went down and who went home!

The underline of the night was clearly the Asia-influenced group dance choreographer by Wade and Amanda Robson. We'll go as far as to say it was an instant classic, thanks to the grouping of moves, makeup, set decoration, lighting and music. Exceptional work by each one over at team SYTYCD.

The extra big number was the Black Eyed Peas the stage "I get Feeling." It was incredible to see Stacy Ferguson from Kids Incorporated at SYTYCD but did their performance leave anyone else wishing for the radio edit?

As for the poor dear dancers, Melissa, Ade, Randi and Kupono were in the bottom four, and Randi and Kupono ultimately went home.

Stepping out of the authorial "we" for a moment, Melissa and Ade are my personal favorites, and I held my breath for Melissa from the minute she was in the hot seat. I'm greatly relieved that she was safe because I was working my way up to throw a fit in all-caps, and the copy department hates it when I do that.

Were you OK with Randi and Kupono's departure or do you think they had more to offer? Share your opinion in the remarks!